The Equestrian Athlete
“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.” — Winston Churchill
As a national-level equestrian competitor, I understand first-hand the importance of equestrian conditioning. Riding multiple times a week does not automatically translate into being in top condition. Just as a football, baseball, or basketball player trains in the gym to maintain and manipulate the ball, you must train your body to successfully manage your “equipment” – which happens to be living, breathing, and thinking. Fitness Unleashed’s Fit-2-Ride Equestrian Cross Training Programs will train you to peak performance allowing you to use your body to its greatest potential on your horse.
With that said, not all conditioning programs are created equally. Riding uses particular muscles and movement patterns different from other sports, and, as a result, requires rider-specific training. In other words, equestrian fitness programs performed out of the saddle are tailored to enhance your skills as a rider in the saddle. This type of training develops core stability, balance, strength/endurance, and flexibility/suppleness while improving seat/posture, aids/cues, muscle imbalances, body awareness/coordination, and cardiovascular endurance. The total conditioning approach results in overall fitness and injury prevention while maximizing performance.
The goal of the Fit-2-Ride Equestrian Training program is to improve your communication as a rider, leading to increased performance from you and your horse.
BALANCE + CORE STRENGTH = CONFIDENCE
Three Training Options
- 1-on-1 Training: Need a little extra motivation, someone to keep you accountable, and/or tips for training or eating? If you answered “yes” to any of these elements, then I’m your gal! I’ll work with you to create an individualized training plan based on your riding goals. You’ll enjoy 1-on-1 training in the privacy of my home studio, while receiving regular texts and emails throughout the week to keep you going. Plans start at $280/month!
- Get a Leg Up Online Coaching: No time for training in person? Not in the area? No problem! I will work with you to create an equestrian-specific training plan that fits into your schedule. I’ll check-in with you on a regular basis, offer tips, and provide motivation when you need it most.
- Equestrian-specific training program to improve your effectiveness in the saddle
- Monthly check-ins to review progress, set goals, and promote accountability
- Weekly text encouragement
- Tracking and accountability tools created specifically for you
$147 – $49/month ($180 value, Save 37%)
- Combo Coaching: Need just a little direction each week. Come see me once a week and go home with a program you can use when we are not together. I’ll work with you to create an individualized training plan based on your fitness goals. You’ll enjoy 1-on-1 training in the privacy of my home studio, while receiving regular texts and emails throughout the week to keep you going. Get the support you need to reach your fitness goals for $200/month.